What is the best hero I can use?
- He is available for everyone for free. For example you have to buy Consuela tokens.
- His skills target every card, they are not limited to a given show (for example, Leela only cheers and shields other Futurama cards)
- Best skills you can have are: Punch, Cripple, Shield, Cheer. Heal is worse than Shield since it’s reactive rather than proactive. Payback is useless — you’re screwed anyway if they’re hitting you.
- Maxed out Bobby has 3× Punch and 3× Shield, the highest of any Commander
If you have a show-specific deck you may consider a show-specific Commander.
My hero is only level 5, how long will it take to reach level 10?
Use the arena refresh feature. Skip all oponents that don’t have a chance of droping your chosen hero token. This way you will be only leveling one hero instead of all 15, so it will be 15× faster.
This will of course cost coins. One refresh costs 100 coins. It will take on average 13-15 refreshes to get your hero. This means sometimes you’ll get it on the second try, but other times you’ll have to refresh 30 times (there is no number after it is certain you get yours). The detailed calculations were done by /u/milkshaakes in their spreadsheet. For winning an arena battle you’ll get around 800-1000 coins, depending on your arena level. This means that on average you’ll lose 300-500 coins on refreshing. Even more since you won’t win every battle. There are steps to avoid bankrupcy:
- In the begining settle for two instead of one heros. This will cost you only 650 coins instead of 1400 per battle (on average)
- Don’t do Maxing Out and Gold/Silver mastery at the same time. You’ll need the adventure coins, and doing Mastery means a lot of defeats, especially at the later islands
- Don’t buy card packs (except the three needed for the daily quest)
- Always use the 3× ads bonus and join an active guild. They will give you much required bonus coins
- If you’re getting low on cash (set your limit yourself, for example 5k), stop refreshing for a while. This will build up your cash reserves to burn later on refreshes :D
From experience, it will take about three weeks of regular plays (with refills) to level from 5 to 10. For comparison, without the refreshes it would take nearly a year to max out.
You can use the simulator to get a gist of it.
Except for the Maxing Out strategy, who should I skip in arena?
- Consuela — it’s used by players spending money on the game. There is a chance their deck is stuffed with maxed legendaries and precombos. You will lose miserably
- Try to avoid Stans, Frys and Hanks. They’re unlocked at the highest arena levels, there is a high possibility that their owner’s decks are mature and too strong for you, even with the AI’s naive style of play